One capital thing to realize is that, even when compiling with make V=1, everything that was not echoed was not showed (MAKEFLAGS=-s).
Thus, I've made a few changes:
- Add CXX support (yes, that's unrelated, but the question was raised, thanks to Tommi Komulainen for the initial patch),
- add a --enable-shave option to the configure script,
- make the Good Old Behaviour the default one,
- as a side effect, the V and Q variables are now defined in the m4 macro, please remove them from your Makefile.am files.
The rationale for the last point can be summarized as follow:
- the default behaviour is as portable as before (for non GNU make that is), which is not the case is shave is activated by default,
- you can still add --enable-shave to you autogen.sh script, bootstraping your project from a SCM will enable shave and that's cool!
- don't break tools that were relying on automake's output.
Grab the latest version! (git://git.lespiau.name/shave)